Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer (Hybrid)
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: CS20222605-83037
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Embedded C Software Engineer for our Rochester, NY Facility.
- Responsible for research, design, and development of embedded software development for next generation multi-channel radio products, in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, and mathematical analysis to daily tasking.
- Analyzes requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Ability to develop and analyze design tradeoffs against scope, cost, and schedule constraints
- Consults with electrical engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software/firmware, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Experience with mentoring of engineers
- Develops and conducts software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain embedded software for real-time control of advanced tactical radio equipment.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers including factory software introduction support and manufacturing issue resolution.
- Execution of software development process in a CMMI Level 3 environment.
- Perform coding and unit test of resultant software/firmware.
- Perform software/firmware component integration
- Participation and lead peer reviews
- Identifying, tracking and repairing defects.
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Proficiency with C for embedded system development
- Knowledge of communication theory and signal processing algorithms
- Knowledge of DSPs, Linux, embedded real-time operating systems
- Experience with SW build processes and procedures
- Ability to interpret hardware schematics, circuit designs, and datasheets
- Proficiency with multi-threaded, multi-core design and/or real-time operating systems
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Design, Implementation and Testing of large software systems
- Experience with software emulators/debuggers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Creativity in problem solving