Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Constellation, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities ? Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Constellation employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for performing engineering and technical tasks, under general supervision, in support of nuclear plant operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision applying general engineering principles. (5%)
- Assure all engineering products prepared are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, engineering specifications and all regulatory requirements. (5%)
- Participate in the development and implementation of effective processes and techniques at appropriate levels of detail and in compliance with established policies and procedures. (5%)
- Recommend format and methodology improvements to standard processes and procedures. (5%)
- Performs intermediate and routine engineering technical tasks requiring broad engineering/technical experience.
- Works independently with broad supervisory review.
- Must be able to collect data from the field and incorporate the information and data into applicable databases and documents.
- Has some latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
- Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Plant Engineering: Support development of complex troubleshooting plans in support of plant operations. Monitor, assess and improve the performance and reliability of plant systems and components. Utilize system indicators to monitor equipment performance or degradation. Identify and pursue material condition improvements, including predictive and performance centered maintenance optimization. Support engineering functions.
- Design Engineering: Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant's physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- Programs Engineering: Monitor, enhance, and implement technical programs. Identify, schedule and oversee code and regulatory inspections per technical program requirements. Support field execution of programmatic inspections. Prepare required analysis and program documents to support inspection scopes.
- Engineering Services: Support development of engineering budgets, business planning and projects. Support configuration control of engineering records (calculations, design changes). Support engineering programs and functions. Support engineering department scheduling, equipment databases and corrective action program.
- NOAD: Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on process computer and control systems, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on protective relays and associated circuits. implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on power instruments, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on exciters and voltage regulator equipment, implement improvements as required. Perform Electrical Construction testing for modifications and new installations of electrical equipment and associated circuits. Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting electrical equipment. Provide technical expertise on maintaining, improving and troubleshooting generators, voltage regulators and motors.
- Dry Cask Storage: Provides technical analysis on the design bases of dry cask storage (DCS) systems. Applies fleet configuration control processes to DCS activities. Prepares / reviews documents required by 10CFR72 regulations. Supports common resolutions to fleet DCS issues and develops resolution for plant-specific issues. Participates in oversight / audits of vendor engineering and fabrication activities.
- Safety Analysis Support: Maintains appropriate level of knowledge of safety analyses and methodologies. Provides interface
- EIS Metallurgical and Shop Support Engineer - Perform failure analysis and root cause analysis to identify cause of component failure and document findings in technical report. Characterize material composition and mechanical properties to identify materials. Create welding documentation and technical procedures in accordance with established procedures, processes, standard and regulatory requirements. Oversees, support and lead technical aspects of various shop overhaul work.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years nuclear or related engineering experience
- Engineer in training certification
- Good grasp of techniques and a good understanding of the fundamental functions performed by the group