Resource Recovery Counselor
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
Location: Pittsford, NY
What does a Resource Recovery Counselor at CNB do?
The Resource Recovery Counselor is responsible for the recovery of bank assets related to Consumer Loans. This position counsel’s customers and works out payment arrangements on accounts that are overdrawn or past due. This position requires working with customers to find a mutually agreeable solution, while complying with operating policies, procedures, and outside regulatory requirements.
What competencies are needed to be successful in this role?
- A high school diploma or equivalent,
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a related position preferred.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills. Able to speak with customers about difficult financial situations.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Products.
- Current knowledge of collection laws and practices, knowledge of bankruptcy laws and procedures preferred
What does a successful first year in this position look like?
- Collects data from various reports and sources on past-due loans, unpaid late charges, NSF checks, checking account overdrafts, etc.
- Counsels borrowers and assists them in assessing their options to bring past due accounts current and recommends the restructure of loans as appropriate. Utilizes methods of collection per loan contract; extends due dates or explores refinancing options. Approves consumer loan extensions when appropriate.
- Electronically updates notes in system.
- Collaborates with community offices on collection activity from available reports.
- Refers troubled accounts to external vendor for appropriate collection activity.
- Collects unpaid taxes on bank owned property.
- Meet the Recovery goals of the position and contributes to the overall goals of the department.
- Provides periodic reports and other information as requested to the Resource Recovery Manager and other groups as required.
- Monitors and recovers checking account overdrafts.
- Handles collection and recovery on In/Direct lending in compliance with all regulatory guidelines and the Resource Recovery Procedure manual.
What makes working at CNB different?
At CNB, we are Investing in You. Our strong corporate culture is based upon seven Core Values: Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Professionalism, and Commitment. Our culture nurtures passionate employees and offers great rewards including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA options for both part-time and full-time employees. Medical coverage is also offered for domestic partners.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time.
- Retirement benefits that include a 401(k), Profit Sharing, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Training & Development Opportunities.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Volunteer Opportunities.
- Award Winning Wellness program that promotes a solid work/life balance.
- Banking perks and discount programs.
Our goal is to ensure that our bank, employees, and our community thrive and grow, now and for the next 135 years. We're in it for the long haul. What truly sets us apart from other financial institutions is the quality and commitment of our employees. We've assembled a diverse team of people who share a primary focus: to provide exceptional service for our customers.
As an organization, we are committed to hiring, training, developing, promoting, and celebrating employees from historically disadvantaged groups. At CNB, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, and culture.
As the only local, full-service, community-owned financial institution in the Rochester area, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is Investing in You. If you want to be a part of something special, join us today!
Canandaigua National Corporation and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.