WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. These roles are in our manufacturing facilities. This role is for Nights at our Williamson location.
WHAT WE NEED
Our Maintenance function is at the heart of keeping our business running and producing for our customers and consumers. In this role, under minimal supervision, you will perform advanced troubleshooting, repair, modification, installation, and preventative maintenance on electro mechanical and electrical systems, instrumentations, and PLCs utilizing standard work practices, to ensure production is supported, in a safe and efficient manner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) will support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, product safety, company property, environmental and team member’s safety.
- Complete preventative maintenance on all equipment to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by providing equipment and process expertise.
- Troubleshoot and repair all plant-related electrical components including motors, servos, VFD’s, and PLC’s.
- Leverage electrical expertise to support troubleshooting of process and support equipment.
- Maintain electrical systems through execution of preventive maintenance programs.
- May be involved with providing technical support to Operations Team for training and staff development (i.e. cross training production personnel for first level-maintenance activities).
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- HS Diploma required; two-year associate degree, licensing, or equivalent trade school technical training in related field highly preferred, but applicable experience will be consisted in lieu of licensing or education.
- A minimum of three (3) years of electrical and electromechanical maintenance and troubleshooting experience (manufacturing, automotive, farming) is required.
- Experience troubleshooting to identify root-cause issues on electromechanical and electrical equipment or components.
- Experience in food and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing, specifically working to meet GMP, OSHA, FDA, EPA standards is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiently reading and interpreting electrical schematics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronics/Controls.
- Ability to use more complex analytical and measuring tools for vibration analysis, torque requirements and tolerances.
- Proficiency with hand, portable power, and shop tools in the maintenance of manufacturing equipment is required.
- Provide feedback and modification of PM’s based on observations
- Provide feedback of overall health of machine centers
- Able to use voltmeter and megger
- Able to read ladder logic to diagnose production issues
- Able to identify and replace faulty common electrical components (fuses, motors, photoeyes, relays, light ballast)
- Able to replace frequency drives and program
- Familiar with HMI software and communication protocols
- Familiarity with Fillers, Cappers, Case Packers, conveyors, tanks, and pumps
- Experience in the following areas is advantageous and would warrant a higher starting pay rate:
- Ability to write ladder logic or modify
- Ability to replace, modify HMI software and hardware
- Use of more complex electrical tools (oscilloscope, data logger)
- Well-rounded in all Allen Bradley software
- Curiosity to learn as well as mentor others on the team and organization.
- Willingness to dig into the root-cause of failures, and ensure the repair is done through to completion.
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot high-speed equipment in a safe, efficient manner
- A pro-active, high-energy attitude, geared towards achieving continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds.
- Able to work autonomously or in a team environment as a critical-thinker and decision-maker
- Ability to independently prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, including off-shift, weekends and holidays when required to support the production schedule.
Generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, holiday, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.
Read more about who we are at:
www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods