The expected rate of pay for this position is shown above. Compensation offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education and, where applicable, licenses or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to your base rate of pay and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates may be eligible to receive cash or equity-based incentives based on the role and performance.
Position Title: Relationship Banker
Reports To: Senior Branch Manager or Branch Manager
Department: Retail Banking
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose: At Five Star Bank, our people are our greatest competitive advantage. As a Relationship Banker, you will use your expert knowledge of financial products and services and an advice-led approach to deliver personalized financial solutions and build lasting relationships. As a Relationship Banker, you will drive productive sales and service activities, develop new business by educating existing and potential clients and exemplify Five Star Bank’s HEART values.
Degree of Supervision Received: Minimal to Moderate
- Supervision Received (title): Senior Branch Manager or Branch Manager
Degree of Supervision Given: None
- Supervision Given to (Titles): N/A
- Demonstrated knowledge of all bank products and services and ability to accurately process deposits and lending applications and account opening transactions.
- Achieves individual and team goals.
- Engages consumer and small business customers through proactive advice-led consultation.
- Ability to present a confident and professional demeanor to establish trust and gain knowledge from the customer.
- Identifies financial needs and recommends personalized solutions of products and services.
- Proactively engages prospective consumer and small business customers within the market.
- Collaborate with business partners and refer opportunities to mortgage, wealth, insurance and commercial banking.
- Assists in community events and actively participates in and supports FSB sponsored community initiatives, activities and programs.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of Conduct and all policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory compliance and completes assigned compliance training.
- Introduces customers to alternative banking solutions including mobile banking, digital banking, and ATMs/ITMs
- Applies knowledge of bank policies and procedures to resolve customer account issues appropriately and efficiently.
- Supports daily operations as required.
- Assist occasionally with transactional service transactions.
- Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers (e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds) in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participates in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls as assigned.
- Performs operational duties as required including fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashier’s checks and money orders, process night deposit bags and ATM deposits, balances ATM and resolves ATM discrepancies, settle and balance cash advance machine.
- Maintains responsibility for a cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures.
- Demonstrate the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and service in every facet of work.
Job Related Qualifications – Education and Prior Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Prior Experience: Minimum 1 year (preferably in financial services) of sales and customer service experience. Managing new and existing customer relationships, achieving revenue goals through advice-based customer consulting, and building referral sources.
- Education: Associate degree or higher
- Prior Experience: Minimum 2+ years in financial services of sales and customer service experience. Managing new and existing customer relationships, achieving revenue goals through advice-based customer consulting, and building referral sources.
- Excellent communication skills - in person and over the phone - with proven ability to personalize features and benefits of products/services to customers with varying needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bank products and services
- Strong advice-led consultative approach to engaging customers
- Demonstrated ability to prospect and network to acquire new customers.
- Experience fostering and developing strong customer relationships.
- Experience with banking systems and platforms
- Strong desire to improve the financial well-being of customers by providing education and advice.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-starter and strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently.
- Able to regularly stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to regularly lift 1-10 lbs., occasionally lifting to 30 lbs.
- Able to travel between office locations.
- Extensive computer usage is required.
- Moderate to extensive phone usage is required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Work schedule: Varies with office needs and may include evenings and weekends.
- Licenses or Accreditation: Registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) is required in accordance with SAFE Act requirements.
This job description is not exhaustive. The Relationship Banker may be required to perform other duties as assigned.